Who doesn’t love pizza? Its the ultimate weekend treat food, but like with all treat foods its often heavily processed and prone to leaving you feel like crap. However there can be a way around it, most foods can be made healthier simply by going back to basics, stepping away from the mass produced versions and cooking them from scratch; and pizza is no exception.
As long as you don’t have any problems digesting wheat and gluten this pizza dough is a great step towards making your Friday night pizzas a whole lot healthier, with only 6 basic ingredients including high fibre wholewheat flour.
This is also a great cooking activity to do with children where they can get really stuck in kneading the dough and learn about yeast as they see the pizza dough magically double in size.
Or use the kneading as your own mini arm workout.
Makes 2 large pizza bases
- 7g packet dried yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 280g wholewheat flour
- 120ml warm water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60ml olive oil
- extra flour for dusting
- Mix the yeast, sugar and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minuets until foamy (if it doesn’t foam your yeast may be gone off)
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the foamy yeast mixture until they come together to form a mass. This is quickly done in a food processor on dough mode.
- Once completely mixed together super the the dough into however many pizzas you are making and knead them for roughly 2 minuets each.
- put the dough into a lightly oiled bowl in a warm place loosely covered cling film for around an hour when it will have doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 190c and lightly oil a baking tray.
- Gently shape the dough and top with your favourite toppings
- bake for 20-25 minuets until crisp and golden
Other ways to use pizza dough:
- Garlic knots
- cinnamon rolls
- Herby cheese bread sticks
- Pizza Rolls
- Pizza Bites
- Apple Cinamon Galette
- Onion focaccia
- Pigs in Duvets
- Share and tear Pizza
If you want to suport what I do in other ways …….
….. you can donate a coffee here : http://ko-fi.com/restorativewellbeing
…. follow me on social media
INSTAGRAM (@Vegan_yoga_mama) ► https://www.instagram.com/restorative_wellbeing
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/veganyogamama
Send me an email! Emcat89@gmail.com