Recipe – Makes 3 generous portions.
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 celery rib roughly chopped
- 3 medium or 1 large sweet potato chopped
- 1/2 thyme
- 4 cups stock
- 1 tin or coconut milk
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 cups of shredded kale (stalks removed)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Add onion and celery to a pan over a medium heat with a little water or oil and cook for around 5 minuets or until soft.
- Add the sweet potatoes, garlic and thyme. cook for a further minuet.
- Add the stock and simmer for 20 minuets until the potatoes are soft.
- Leave the soup to cool.
- Puree the soup in a blender until nice and smooth. Do this in batches if you have a small blender
- Turn your oven on to 180c and place the oil, kale and salt onto a baking dish.
- Put the kale in the oven and add the coconut milk to the soup.
- Warm the soup up on the stove. By the time the soup has warmed the kale should be nice and crisp.
- Serve in big cwtchy bowls with the crispy kale sprinkled on top.