Apple cider vinegar has a history of being hailed as a health food and cure for many. But as with so many health foods, with the many benefits there are also side effects to consider.
When we are looking at improving our health through diet and lifestyle changes, it is important to look at it from all angles. Only then can we apply that knowledge to our own personal circumstances.
Remember, what works for one person, might not work for you. And what doesn’t work for one person, might be perfect for you. Knowledge is key to natural healing.
So how does this apply to apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar has be hailed for helping people with a vast array of ailments, including but nor limited to:
- Improved digestion – ACV is created through fermentation of apple juice, this makes it full of natural probiotics which feed your gut and keep it working efficiently.
- Supports immune system – when you gut is supported so is your immune system.
- Natural hair conditioner – lowers our hair’s pH to combat that dry, frizzy feel
- Skin anti-fungal – ACV is full of great anti-fungal properties, making it a brilliant natural face toner and a wonderful addition to a foot bath soak.
- Lowers blood sugar levels – acetic acid within apple cider vinegar is believed to block the enzymes that help digest starch. As a result of this, blood sugar levels don’t fluctuate as much after eating starchy food, such as pasta or bread. Beneficial to those with Type 2 diabetes.
- Anti-dandruff – the anti-fungal properties help again with scalp health, removing yeasty fungus that can cause dandruff.
- Mineral supplementation – ACV surprisingly contains magnesium, iron, phosphorus, manganese.
- Lowers triglycerides – triglyceriades cause the fatty plaque to build up along the artery walls leading to heart attacks.
Looks great right? ACV, especially when it still contains the mother is packed full of amazing health benefits, with studies proving time and time again that this old age health care is in-fact a great natural healer.
From using apple cider vinegar as a topical application for hair and skin, to drinking daily ACV shots. Personally we use apple cider vinegar in hot toddy’s when sick, as a base for salad dressings and in capsule form with our Apple Cider Vinegar Complex
The Side Effects
However even if you do need help with one of the ailments that apple cider vinegar can help with you still need to consider the side effects and if this is right for you. reconsider apple cider vinegar supplementation if these apply to you:
- Sensitive teeth; drinking ACV shots can damage your teeth due to the high acidity levels. If you have sensitive teeth or other dental problems, consider using a capsule form to protect your teeth.
- Type 1 diabetes; ACV can slow down your digestion, making it harder to control blood sugar levels.
- Regular prescription medications; consult your doctor before supplementing with ACV incase they are effected
Please be aware all information in this blog is based on my own personal experience and research, and I am a health and nutrition coach, not a medical professional. If you are needing advice about a medical condition, please seek advice from a medical professional.
This blog follows my personal research and learning into health and wellbeing, as well as my own personal comments on the subject matters. All blog posts contain my own personal opinions and does not reflect the opinions of any organisations I may be affiliated with. Any information I provide on my blogs is accurate and true to the best of my knowledge but there may be omissions, errors or mistakes that I am unaware of. All information presented on this blog is for informational purposes only and shouldn’t been seen as advice. I reserve the right to change how I manage or run my blog and may change the focus or content on my blog at any time
If you want to support what I do …….
…. you can donate a coffee here : http://ko-fi.com/restorativewellbeing
…. follow me on social media….
INSTAGRAM (@restorative_wellbeing) ► https://www.instagram.com/restorative_wellbeing
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/restorativewell
Send me an email! Emcat89@gmail.com