We love breakfast muffins, so when the rare opportunity of over-ripe bananas in our fruit bowl presented it-self I needed to try out some banana bread muffins. (and naturally my two year old daughter insisted on the addition of dark chocolate chips)
Chocolate chip banana bread muffins
- 1 3/4 cups Wholewheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Mash the bananas in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add in the sugar and oil and mix well.
- Next add in the flour, protein powder and baking powder and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix for the last time.
- Place muffin liners on a baking tray and fill with the muffin mix.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 mins, until they are golden on top and cooked through.
If you would like more plant based recipes like this, come join us at Restorative Wellbeing the Circle, a wellness community.
Subscribe for £20 per month.
If you want to support what I do …….
…. you can donate a coffee here : http://ko-fi.com/restorativewellbeing
…. follow me on social media….
INSTAGRAM (@restorative_wellbeing) ► https://www.instagram.com/restorative_wellbeing
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/restorativewell
Send me an email! Emily@restorativewellbeing.com