This cosy minestrone soup is the perfect sick day bowl of health. Whether you just need warming up on a cold day or are looking for a hug in a bowl, this is one of my essential winter comfort meals.
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots sliced into half moons
- 3 ribs celery diced
- 1 large potato diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- pinch chilli flakes
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black or green lentils
- 7 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Add the onion to a large pan with 1 tbsp water, and put over a medium heat. Allow the onion to soften adding more water 1 tbsp at a tie if needed, to stop the onion from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the onion has softened, add in the carrots, celery, potato, garlic and chilli flakes. Stir well and allow to sit on the heat for a further 2-3 minuets.
- Add in the tomatoes, stock and lentils, and bring to a gentle simmer. Continue to simmer for 15 mins until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the pasta and allow to simmer for a further 5-10 minuets until the pasta is soft.
- Finally add the vinegar and lemon juice. Stir well and remove from the heat. serve straight away or portion out for meal prep and store for 2-3 days in the fridge.
If you want to support what we do …….
…. you can donate a coffee here : http://ko-fi.com/restorativewellbeing
…. follow us on social media….
INSTAGRAM (@restorative_wellbeing) ► https://www.instagram.com/restorative_wellbeing
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/restorativewell
Send me an email! Emily@restorativewellbeing.com
Please be aware all information in this blog is based on my own personal experience and research, and I am not a medical professional. If you are needing advice about a medical condition, please seek advice from a medical professional.