A convenience food favourite reinvented. Growing up I was obsessed with curry flavoured instant ramen. We used to take packs of instant ramen and instant pasta camping with us for dinners my mam could easily cook up on the camping stove.
When changing my diet to a more wholefood plantbased focus, my main goal was to find healthy wholesome versions of my childhood comfort foods. One of my best memories from my childhood is the food; but alot of them were either not plant based or very processed. After all I grew up in an era where the convenience food market was really booming.
It has been a challenge recreating some of these food, when I realised there was no need to complicate them, they started to come together much easily. This is one of those recipes that is surprisingly easier that expected
This recipe only uses a handful or store cupboard ingredients. Making it just as easy and convenient as the packet version; without the extra preservatives and MSG ofc.
Fancy something a little extra? Pair these yummy noodles with:
- 1 cup juiliened carrots (finely sliced)
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 6 cups veggie stock
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 oz ramen
- 1 juice of lime
- 1 tbsp fresh corriander chopped
- Add all the ingredients but the noodles and corriander to a large pot and bring to a simmer.
- Once the carrots have softened add the ramen and cook for a few more minuets.
- Serve with the corriander sprinkled over the top.