I love gingerbread, it’s my favourite Christmas flavour, and if you have been following over on Instagram you will know my family love pancakes! So it only made sense to make some gingerbread pancakes and get the Christmas feels started!
This makes a great breakfast for Christmas morning or anytime during the holidays. I’m planning on making these the morning before we go to Santa’s grotto – we are keeping it a surprise for the kids, so these will be a little hint.
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp molasses
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and ground ginger.
- In a separate bowl mix together the mix and lemon juice. This makes a plant based butter milk
- Let the milk mixture sit for a minute, then pour it into the flour, and whisk through until completely mixed.
- Add the molasses and mix again.
- Meanwhile preheat a hotplate or frying pan with a little oil.
- Pour the batter on to the hot pate cooking for 2-3 minuets on each side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped coconut cream.
Flour – Stick to wholewheat it’s much more nutrient-dense and
Plant milk – Any works great with this flavour
Baking powder – This is essential to get the fluffiness in the pancakes. Along with the Lemon juice, it creates a chemical reaction helping the pancakes rise and form little air pockets. This is key to the texture.
Lemon Juice – you can replace it with another acid like apple cider vinegar but I find lemon juice tastes best.
Ginger – Essential to the flavour, do not use fresh ginger!
Molasses – This gives the recipe more of a traditional gingerbread flavour, but you can easily replace it with maple syrup or agave syrup or date syrup.
Save and print this recipe card for future use.
This blog post contains amazon affiliate links, which I gain money for qualifying purchases. These purchases make running this blog possible, and I would like to express my gratitude for every form of support towards my work.
If you want to support what I do …….
…. you can donate a coffee here : http://ko-fi.com/restorativewellbeing
…. follow me on social media….
INSTAGRAM (@restorative_wellbeing) ► https://www.instagram.com/restorative_wellbeing
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/restorativewell
Send me an email! Emcat89@gmail.com