Christmas is all about the cold weather comfort food, and this deliciously rich pancake recipe is bound to get you feeling all cosy. If you follow on instagram you know I love an excuse to make pancakes, and these cold mornings make them even more tempting.
This recipes makes a great breakfast warm up or a fab dessert.
- 1 cup wholewheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Plant milk
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup Coconut cream
- Dark chocolate melted
- Add the flour, cacao and baking powder to a large bowl and whisk together two the baking powder and cacao is evening distributed
- In a separate bowl mix the milk and lemon juice , the set aside. (The milk will curdle, don’t panic)
- While the milk curdles heat your hot plate or frying pan. (You want a medium heat, add a little oil is using a pan)
- Add the milk mixture and maple syrup and cacao nibs to the flour mixture and mix quickly. Make sure not to over mix.
- using a ladle pour the batter onto your heated hot plate in batches (mine fits 4 pancakes at a time yours might be different)
- Cook the pancakes 3-4 minuets each side, when the edges start to look cooked it’s time to flip.
- While the pancakes are cooking whisk up the coconut cream to make it thicker and melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- When the pancakes are all done serve warm, topped with melted chocolate and whipped cream (or level up with some vegan marshmallows)
This blog post contains amazon affiliate links, which I gain money for qualifying purchases. These purchases make running this blog possible, and I would like to express my gratitude for every form of support towards my work.
If you want to support what I do …….
…. you can donate a coffee here : http://ko-fi.com/restorativewellbeing
…. follow me on social media….
INSTAGRAM (@restorative_wellbeing) ► https://www.instagram.com/restorative_wellbeing
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/restorativewell
Send me an email! Emcat89@gmail.com