Perfectly fluffy vegan chocolate pancakes with all the deliciously indulgent hot chocolate toppings (but we make it wholefood!)
Christmas is all about the cold weather comfort food, and this deliciously rich pancake recipe is bound to get you feeling all cosy. If you follow on instagram you know I love an excuse to make pancakes, and these cold mornings make them even more tempting.
This recipes makes a great breakfast warm up or a fab dessert.
Hot chocolate pancakes
- 3/4 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup dark melted chcoclate
- Add the flour, cacao and baking powder to a large bowl and whisk together two the baking powder and cacao is evenly distributed
- In a separate bowl mix the milk and lemon juice , the set aside. (The milk will curdle, don’t panic)
- While the milk curdles heat your hot plate or frying pan. (You want a medium heat, add a little oil is using a pan)
- Add the milk mixture and maple syrup and cacao nibs to the flour mixture and mix quickly. Make sure not to over mix.
- Using a ladle pour the batter onto your heated hot plate in batches (mine fits 4 pancakes at a time yours might be different)
- Cook the pancakes 3-4 minuets each side, when the edges start to look cooked it’s time to flip.
- While the pancakes are cooking whisk up the coconut cream to make it thicker and melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- When the pancakes are all done serve warm, topped with melted chocolate and whipped cream (or level up with some vegan marshmallows)
Want more yummy Christmas recipes?
We have got you covered with lots more delicious vegan whole food Christmas recipes, let us know your favourite!
- Homemade millionaires shortbread
- Black forest smoothie
- Vegan Charcuterie Board
- Fruity Christmas party punch
This blog post contains amazon affiliate links, which I gain money for qualifying purchases. These purchases make running this blog possible, and I would like to express my gratitude for every form of support towards my work.
If you want to support what I do …….
…. you can donate a coffee here : http://ko-fi.com/restorativewellbeing
…. follow me on social media….
INSTAGRAM (@restorative_wellbeing) ► https://www.instagram.com/restorative_wellbeing
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/restorativewell
Send me an email! Emcat89@gmail.com