Squash soups if a cold weather favourite for us, but we have so many different recipes, its such a versatile vegetable that flavour’s it can carry are endless.
- 2 1/2 cups squash (butternut is perfect, but simular varieties will be tasty too)
- 1 large potao
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried italian herbs
- 1/4 cup green peas
- juice 1/2 lime
- 3 cups water to boil in a large pan over a high heat.
- Add the squash, potato, onion and herbs.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 20 minuets until the vegetable are tender
- Allow to cool before pureeing
- Return to the heat and add the peas and lime juice
- Simmer for a further 5 minuets. Serve hot.