Great for breakfast or a snack, these yummy peanut butter flapjacks will give you the energy you need for the day. Packed full of complex carbohydrates, along with healthy fats and protein.
Oats: rolled porridge oats are best for texture
Peanut Butter: you can opt for any nut butter you like they are all delicious had hold great nutritional benefits. I tend to stick to peanut butter for this recipe due to it being easily available and more cost effective. If you prefer a creamier milder flavour I highly recomend cashew butter.
Maple syrup: You can opt for agave syrup or honey (if you are not vegan)but maple syrup is my favourite for flavour.
Bananas: you want some really ripe bananas here, they will be sweeter and cook down better, if you’ve only got green. give this recipe a miss they really wont work.
85% Dark Chocolate: Don’t substitute, dark high cocoa chocolate is not only nutritionally superior but will give the perfect sweetness balance to these flapjacks.
Peanut butter flapjacks
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 bar dark 85% chocolate
- Preheat oven to 220c(180c fan)
- Mash the bananas and transfer to a small saucepan.
- Add the maple syrup and peanut butter to the pan and slowly bring to a simmer on a low heat.
- Allow to simmer while stiring for 2-3 minuets
- It should now be a deep brown and everything fully combined.
- Take off the heat and stir in the oats, making sure all the oats are coverd
- transfer to a deep baking dish and press down firmly making sure it is tightly compact.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minuets.
- When golden brown on the edges remove from the oven.
- Leaving in the dish, brake up your chocolate and scatter it on top of the hot flapjacks.
- Let the chocolate sit for a few minuets to melt before using a spoon to spread it out.
- Allow the flapjacks and chocolate to cook completely before cutting, and storing in an airtight container.
If you would like more recipes like this explore the site for free, or checkout all these ways to support the running of this site and out work:
…. you can donate a coffee here : http://ko-fi.com/restorativewellbeing
…. follow us on social media….
INSTAGRAM (@restorative_wellbeing) ► https://www.instagram.com/restorative_wellbeing
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/restorativewell
Send me an email! Emily@restorativewellbeing.com