Great for breakfast or a snack, these yummy peanut butter flapjacks will give you the energy you need for the day. Packed full of complex carbohydrates, along with healthy fats and protein.
Peanut butter flapjacks
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 bar dark 85% chocolate
- Preheat oven to 220c(180c fan)
- Mash the bananas and transfer to a small saucepan.
- Add the maple syrup and peanut butter to the pan and slowly bring to a simmer on a low heat.
- Allow to simmer while stiring for 2-3 minuets
- It should now be a deep brown and everything fully combined.
- Take off the heat and stir in the oats, making sure all the oats are coverd
- transfer to a deep baking dish and press down firmly making sure it is tightly compact.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minuets.
- When golden brown on the edges remove from the oven.
- Leaving in the dish, brake up your chocolate and scatter it on top of the hot flapjacks.
- Let the chocolate sit for a few minuets to melt before using a spoon to spread it out.
- Allow the flapjacks and chocolate to cook completely before cutting, and storing in an airtight container.
If you want to support what we do …….
…. you can donate a coffee here : http://ko-fi.com/restorativewellbeing
…. follow us on social media….
INSTAGRAM (@restorative_wellbeing) ► https://www.instagram.com/restorative_wellbeing
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/restorativewell
Send me an email! Emily@restorativewellbeing.com