Not my healthiest recipe but it was sooo good and filled with comforting autumn feels I just had to post it up. Also its an awesome recipe that veggie dodging kids and adults alike will love!
- 1 1/2 cups puree pumpkin (just under 1 can)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 plant milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Whisk together the sugar, milk and oil.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, pumpkin puree and chocolate chips.
- Slowly mix the sugar mixture into the flour and pumpkin mix until completely combined and smooth.
- Poor the batter into a lined loaf tin and bake at 180c for 40 minuets or until slightly browned and cooked through.
Tips and Substitutions
- Pumpkin Puree; we tend to use tinned but home made will work just as well, you can also sub this for puree sweet potatoes or similar squash.
- Coconut Sugar; Any sugar will do I just really like the rich flavour of coconut sugar. If you decide to use a liquid alternative such as maple syrup or honey, be aware it may take longer to bake due to the extra moisture.
- Plant Milk; I used soy milk because its what we had to hand, but any will work just as well.
- Coconut oil; Stick to a neutral oil if your going to substitute, olive oil or any vegetable oil should be fine. When melting the oil I warm it in a saucepan on the stove but I don’t see any reason not to warm it in the microwave being careful not to over heat.
- Self-raising flour; If you only have plain flour to hand add in 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- Chocolate chips; Stick to dark chocolate here, it makes the cake!
If you have any more questions about the cake, please leave them in the comments below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
You can find more posts like this following along my Autumn Wellbeing Bucket list, throughout September, October and November.
If you want to support what I do …….
…. you can donate a coffee here : http://ko-fi.com/restorativewellbeing
…. follow me on social media….
INSTAGRAM (@restorative_wellbeing) ► https://www.instagram.com/restorative_wellbeing
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/restorativewell
Send me an email! Emcat89@gmail.com
This blog follows my personal research and learning into health and wellbeing, as well as my own personal comments of the subject matters. All blog posts contain my own personal opinions and does not reflect the opinions of any organisations I may be affiliated with. Any information I provide on my blogs is accurate and true to the best of my knowledge but there may be omissions, errors or mistakes that I am unaware of. All information presented on this blog is for informational purposes only and shouldn’t been seen as advice. I reserve the right to change how I manage or run my blog and may change the focus or content on my blog at any time