Cosy healthy comfort food.
This recipe is super quick and simple but packs some serious flavour. Its great if you have some left over quinoa from the night before, or to make up as a change to your regular packed lunch.
This recipe packs a punch of plant based protein from the chickpeas, quinoa, kale and nutritional yeast ensuring a wider range of essential amino acids to keep you going strong.
- 3/4 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups fresh kale
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil the quinoa as per packet instructions with the stock cube.
- When the quinoa is cooked, heat a large frying pan and add the oil.
- Add all the ingredients including the cooked quinoa to the pan and fry on a medium heat
- Continually stir until the seasoning is mixed through, the chickpeas are warmed and the kale has softened and wilted. (Note; kale doesn’t wilt as much as spinach)
Serve on its own or as a side with seitan sausages and some extra veggies.
If you want to support what I do …….
…. you can donate a coffee here : http://ko-fi.com/restorativewellbeing
…. follow me on social media….
INSTAGRAM (@restorative_wellbeing) ► https://www.instagram.com/restorative_wellbeing
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/restorativewell
Send me an email! Emcat89@gmail.com