The perfect vegan caesar salad.
Mountains of crisp crunchy lettuce smothered in an addictive dressing and topped with delicately seasoned crisp tofu.
This salad has quickly become a summer staple in our house, its packed full of flavour but so simple to make. Since we started making the dressing for this salad I have eaten so much lettuce, getting the daily greens in has become so easy!
Ofcourse this isn’t any normal caesar salad. Low in fat and high in protein, with a plant based creamy and tangy dressing. Quick to prepare it makes the perfect lunch for those with little time but big health goals. Packing in the equivalent of a whole head of lettuce, juicy tomatoes for vitamin C and lots of crips tofu to keep see to your rebuilding protein needs.
Tofu Caesar Salad
- 80 grams Dairy Free Greek Yoghurt
- 20 grams Dijon Mustard
- 1 gram Garlic Powder
- 1 gram Onion
- 1 gram salt
- pinch french ground pepper
- 150 grams Rommain Lettuce
- 90 grams Tomatoes
- 150 grams Firm Tofu
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- pinch Salt
- pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix together the corn flour, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast for the tofu.
- Dice the tofu (no need to press the tofu for this recipe) and roll it around in the flour mix.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the tofu to the pan and let it cook and crisp up before turning over and repeating until crisp all over.
- Once the tofu is cooked set aside and leave to cool (This is a great opportunity to batch cook)
- While to tofu is cooking weigh and mix together all of the dressing ingredients in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add your lettuce, shredded, into the bowl along with the tomatoes. Now stir well so everything is covered.
- Top with the tofu and enjoy.
If you want to support what we do …….
…. you can donate a coffee here : http://ko-fi.com/restorativewellbeing
…. follow us on social media….
INSTAGRAM (@restorative_wellbeing) ► https://www.instagram.com/restorative_wellbeing
FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/restorativewell
Dont forget you can also visit the shop and purchase some of our books with delicious recipes such as this and journalling prompts, to help you through your wellbeing journey.
Restorative Wellbeing – Plant based recipes£15.00
Be Free Enamel Mug£10.05
Healing affirmation Enamel Mug£10.05
Healing Affinrmation Organic T-shirt£17.02 – £18.84
Love Affirmations Unisex T-shirt£10.19 – £13.90
I AM POWERFUL – Organic crew neck T-shirt£17.35 – £19.21
Classic Tote Bag£13.89
Classic Tote Bag£13.89
New Moon Journaling prompts£10.00
Please be aware all information in this blog is based on my own personal experience and research, and I am not a medical professional. If you are needing advice about a medical condition, please seek advice from a medical professional.